The following are a general list of forum rules. We ask that you read these rules before posting in the ~uXc~ forums. The rules will be updated as necessary.
~uXc~ Forum Rules:
Overall Community Attitude
- Keep in mind that ~uXc~ is a fun gaming community.
- ~uXc~ is not about politics. Any threads, topics and posts of this nature will be deleted.
- Our purpose is to share, help and support others
- Always display a positive, friendly attitude
- Be respectful of others' opinions
- Allow your fellow members to voice their opinions
- DO NOT deliberately start arguments. Debates are great, as long as they remain respectful!
- Always try to "give" back to our community. For each time you find help or answers here at ~uXc~, try to help someone else out in return. You may find that what goes around comes around...
- Give people a little time to respond to your requests. There's a lot going on in these forums and it may take a little time for people to notice and respond to your request. Please be patient.
- DO NOT just make a negative statement and leave the person hanging out to dry. Although you may consider yourself to be an "expert" now, try to remember that we were all new and learning once upon a time. Take it easy on your fellow members!
- Do NOT make threats or implied threats towards other members -- even if you think it's fun.
- DO NOT Make Inappropriate or Offensive Posts - including threats, harrassment, swearing, prejudice, slander or deliberate insults/name-calling, or other negative remarks about ~uXc~, its moderators and administrators, iEntry, or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS
- DO NOT POST PORN or ADULT Content! This inclueds full on nudity and or partial. This also inludes sites promoting activities such as drug abuse, gambling and links to sites containing such content.
- Non-pornographic adult related material (such as lingerie) is allowed, as long as you provide a warning in your post, such as:
- "WARNING: Site contains adult content that may be unsuitable for some individuals."
- We want ~uXc~ to be open to people of all ages, genders, races, and sexualities, so any inappropriate or offensive posts will be deleted
- Please DO NOT embed cookies in your posts in the ~uXc~ forums.
Forum Abuse Policy:
- 1st Offense - A polite Private Message from a Moderator pointing out the Forum Rules, in addition to the editing or deletion of the post
- 2nd Offense - Public warning on the message board plus deletion of post
- 3rd Offense - Moderators will discuss and possibly delete the user from the ~uXc~ forum
- Depending on the situation, Admin may bypass any and all of these steps and take whatever action is deemed appropriate.
Private Message and Email Abuse Policy:
- DO NOT use ~uXc~ as a basis for spamming or scamming our members.
- We take PM/email abuse very seriously, and it will result in the immediate removal of your membership and ban of your IP address, without warning
Our SPAM Policy
- Please make sure that you are posting for the good of the community, not just for the sake of self-promotion :)
- Please refrain from posting affiliate links and press releases in our forums.
- Do NOT use the ~uXc~ community for the purpose of 'spam' or excessive advertisements! This includes forum posts, private messages, or emails to other ~uXc~ members
- Our moderators reserve the right to edit or delete any posts they consider to be 'spam'
- If we find that you are spamming our community, you will be warned by a Moderator or Site Admin, and it may lead to the deletion of your posts and/or the removal of your ~uXc~ account
- DO NOT impersonate anyone whom you are not, regardless of who the other individual may be. Identity theft is illegal and will not be tolerated.
- DO NOT post the same topic in multiple forums. If you are unsure of which forum a thread should go under, just state that in your post, and a moderator will move the thread to the correct forum. Multiple posts are unnecessary and will be deleted.
- DO NOT post the same question multiple times in multiple threads in the same forum. If no one responds to your question or request, just post a reply to the same message thread again to bring the message to the top of the list so folks notice it.
- Maximum length: 3 lines
- You may link to your site, but no illegal, pornographic or otherwise objectionable links are allowed
- No more than 3 links per signature
- Do NOT use excessively large font sizes, as it is considered to be "shouting" and will be edited back down to the default size by the moderators
- Unless otherwise stated, if you post an image in the forums, please keep the image size under 50K, and preferably under 300 x 300 pixels
By joining ~uXc~ forum and member newsletter, you agree to abide by the forum rules, and you understand that violations will not be tolerated.
Please report any member whom you feel to be in violation of these rules to a moderator or Site Admin immediately.
The ~uXc~ Team