UT Pre Alpha

More
5 years 6 months ago #1 by ~uXc~Caseem
UT Pre Alpha was created by ~uXc~Caseem
Not sure if this works i'm currently downloading it to see what happens but heres what you do.

UT4 Pre-Alpha is now available to the public (with an unrealtournament.com forum account) Info here: forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.p...e-Build-Instructions

Note: The download link is in the "secret" thread and it's in the text of "Press YES."
You will need this for UT4 to run: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
After installing the UT4 Pre-Alpha, you'll want to edit some config files and set your controls, edit quality, fps limit etc.

You should load the game once by launching the UnrealTournament.exe file located in UnrealTournament\Binaries\Win64

This will spawn the starter/default inis that we can now replace and edit.

These files should be unzipped to the following folder:
unrealtournament\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\

www.prounreal.org/ut4/config/Input.ini.zip
This contains all the keybinds, you'll need to manually edit those. Most keys are spelled out like "LeftShift" "MiddleMouseButton" "NumpadZero", etc. Here is an example of my ini with some switchweapon custom binds you can use as reference: pastebin.com/pL5bUN64

www.prounreal.org/ut4/config/GameUserSettings.ini.zip
This has the quality settings and is setup for maximum FPS. If you want to turn up just texture detail and clarity, you can change sg.TextureQuality=0 to 2 or 3 for high/epic quality textures. r.MaxAnisotropy=1 can be changed up to 16 for more texture/model clarity at distance. I believe Texture quality can be changed from the in game settings menu without enabling all the extra effects.

www.prounreal.org/ut4/config/Engine.ini.zip
This file simply has the FPS limit. Change the UpperLimit to your desired frame rate limit.

Last edited by chicken- on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:18 pm; edited 4 times in total

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by ~uXc~HoRmOn3s
Replied by ~uXc~HoRmOn3s on topic UT Pre Alpha
Seeeme...any word on the beta?we all have UT and should qualify?

More
5 years 5 months ago #3 by ~uXc~Ps2jak2
Replied by ~uXc~Ps2jak2 on topic UT Pre Alpha
Unless I've missed something Mones the entire game is basically free as a showcase for the UT engine - including the ability to make mods for it and so I'm assuming the beta will be open to everyone - I mean its pre alpha and you can download and play it if you know how to compile it at the moment. They want to sell the engine to companies to make other games now and this is a good way of showing it off.

Steam/Origin: Ps2jak2
CPU : Core I5 6600K 16GB DDR4 2800MHZ Video Card: RX480 8GB
uXc TS - Gone due to lack of use. Possibly getting a discord.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #4 by ~uXc~Ps2jak2
Bump: You dont have to compile this anymore to play it.

Epic have just announced Unreal Engine 4 is no longer subscription required for developing games unless your selling it in which case royalties are involved. As a result you can now go download it by making a free account and downloading the epic launcher.
Click me to goto Download Page

All you need to do is
1. Make a free account
2. Download the epic launcher
3. Install the engine under unreal engine - library - engine version.
4. Install the game under Unreal tournament - play and download.
5. Once download complete run the game from the launcher under unreal tournmanet.
6. Join a server and before long you will be riding someones rocket away.

Oz and I gave it a quick whirl after getting it via the epic launcher and its pretty damn good so defintely try it.

FYI Don't try compile it anymore as when OZ did this happened

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by ~uXc~Ps2jak2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ~uXc~HoRmOn3s

More
4 years 1 month ago #5 by ~uXc~Ps2jak2
Update on this: Still on Alpha and I haven't tried it since getting my new CPU mobo and RAM recently but when I played it in November on my old rig it had improved by miles since when I first posted this though its understandably not keen on 2010 era hardware.

I wouldn't say its anywhere near a complete game yet, but in time it will be avaliable and AFAIK the end game will be free, with the option of paying for user mods (if user devs want to charge they don't have to) and user skins / whatever. They're doing it this way because its mainly to sell the engine while bringing the community back onside after UT3.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds